The following article is invaluable in solving this centuries-old problem. This is yet more evidence of the superiority of the Aramaic Scriptures, the Peshitta. It answers the following questions:
• Why are there only list 13 generations listed from the Captivity of Babylon to Jesus, in Matthew’s
account? Doesn’t Matthew say there should be 14 generations?
• Why does Luke list 20 generations in the second series, and 22 in the third? If this is the same
Joseph, shouldn’t there be 14 generations in the second and third series of Luke as well?
• Why do the lineages of Joseph, the husband of Mary, almost completely differ in the two accounts?
• How can Jesus be the Son of David, if Mary is not a daughter of David?
• If both St. Matthew and St. Luke give the genealogy of St. Joseph, the one through the lineage of Solomon, the other through…
View original post 32 more words